The Resident Evil 2 Collector’s Edition has officially been listed on GameStop’s website and it looks gorgeous.
Retailing for US$199, Resident Evil 2 Collector’s Edition comes with a variety of goods and will make any fan of the franchise salivate like a zombie hungry for flesh. The collector’s edition includes:
Resident Evil 2 Deluxe Edition:
- Full Game
- Special Deluxe Packaging
- Extra DLC Pack Card
- Leon Costume: “Arklay Sheriff”
- Leon Costume: “Noir”
- Claire Costume: “Military”
- Claire Costume: “Noir”
- Claire Costume: “Eliza Walker”
- Deluxe Weapon: “Samurai Edge – Albert Model”
- “Original Version” Soundtrack Swap
Leon S. Kenedy (R.P.D. Version) Figure:
- An expertly-crafted 12-inch figure of Leon on his first day in his new RPD police uniform, re-created to mirror his in-game design down to the smallest details.
“Ben’s File” Art Book:
- A 32-page book left behind by Ben Bertolucci, a freelance journalist who makes an appearance in Resident Evil 2. This file contains photos and files documenting events after the Racoon City tragedy and was filed away as a highly confidential document by the U.S. government. It’s never been seen by the public… until now.
- Voucher code for a 25-track album featuring new songs from the remake of Resident Evil 2, as well as a selection of arrangements from the original game.
“R.P.D.” Renovation Design Poster:
- A diagram reminiscent of blueprints, this poster illustrates how the building was renovated and transformed from a museum to a police facility when work was being done on the building in 1969.
The Resident Evil 2 Collector’s Edition comes with some pretty standard items, which can be found in any collector’s edition of a game. The Leon statue looks really cool. I love how they use the Renovation Design Poster to explain why the R.P.D. Police Station, which should be easy to navigate, is riddled with doors locked behind oddly shaped keys and box-pushing puzzles.
Whether the Resident Evil 2 Collector’s Edition will be making its way down under is yet to be seen. As of writing, it isn’t listed on EB Games, though that could change in the near future.
Resident Evil 2 Remake will be releasing on PlayStation 2, Xbox One, and PC on January 25, 2019.