This morning Nintendo hosted their March Nintendo Direct, full of announcements and trailers. The biggest announcement was that Super Smash Bros will be coming to the Nintendo Switch in 2018. Nintendo released a trailer showing off the newest addition to the roster, the Inklings from Splatoon. The trailer did not specify if this was a port of Smash 4 or a brand new game. However, the trailer shows a silhouette of Link, with his Breath of the Wild design, showing that it’s likely to be a new game. Nintendo also made nearly 20 other announcements, releasing a bunch of new trailers.
This direct featured a lot of announcements for the Switch. While there were many trailers for upcoming games, most new games heading to Switch are ports.
- South Park: Fractured But Whole will be avaliable for the Switch on April 24
- Splatoon 2 update 3.0 will be live in April and the Octo Expansion DLC, featuring 80 single player missions, was also announced
- Little Nightmares: Complete Edition is out on May 18 for Switch. Players who use the Pacman amiibo will receive a special in game costume.
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition is also out May 18, updating the Wii U version
- Sushi Striker: The Way of the Sushido is out on Switch and 3DS on June 8
- Mario Tennis Aces received a new trailer along with its release date, June 22
- Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy comes to the Switch on July 10
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Octopath Traveler, a “2D-HD” RPG from Square Enix, both got new trailers and are out on July 13
- Undertale, the 2016 indie gem, and Okami HD make their way to Switch this year
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes, a top down arcade style hack and slash game and follow up to No More Heroes 2, will also be out in 2018
Nintendo also announced a Dark Souls amiibo for the upcoming Dark Souls port. The amiibo is available from May 25.
Nintendo also announced more games for the Nintendo 3DS, with multiple accompanying trailers.
- WarioWare Gold will be avaliable for 3DS, featuring over 300 minigames
- The 3DS is also getting a complete remake of the original Luigi’s Mansion for Gamecube, but there was no release window.
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story is getting remade for Nintendo 3DS in 2019. It was also feature a new side story, Bowser Jr’s Journey
- Dillon’s Dead-Heat Breakers, the latest installment in the Dillon series, will be out on May 24. Nintendo also announced that the demo will be available from the eShop on May 10.
Nintendo released a slew of trailers during the Nintendo Direct. For more, visit their official YouTube channel.