The next expansion for The Elder Scrolls Online has been announced for release on PC in May and Console in June.
The Summerset Isle is the homeland of the High Elves and by royal decree of Queen Ayrenn has now opened its borders to foreigners. A shadowy presence looms over the Isle as the threat of the Daedra grows. Those that remember back to the days of The Elder Scrolls: Arena, will recognise the Isle of the Altmer. The Summerset Isle has not been seen in The Elder Scrolls games since then, outside of mods.
What the Summerset expansion will bring
- Explore a whole new zone, Summerset Isle
- Experience an epic main story quest line, concluding the narrative that began in the ESO base game and continued through Clockwork City
- Join the mysterious Psijic Order for the first time in an Elder Scrolls game and explore their island home of Artaeum
- Learn a brand-new Psijic Order combat Skill Line, and wield powers over time itself
- Master a new Jewelry Crafting Skill Line
- Face the challenges of Cloudrest, a new 12-player Trial
- Take on new group PvE challenges, including the Abyssal Geysers
- …and more! Source: elderscrollsonline.com
The new zone will be larger than that of previous Morrowind expansion zone Vvardenfell, with roughly 30 hours of new content available. The Psijic Order is an ancient order of sages in which the Mages Guild originates from. The new Skill Line will be similar to Morrwind’s Warden Skill Line where it is exclusive for chapter owners.
You can play the Summerset prologue quest ‘Through a Veil Darkly’ as part of the base game now. All you have to do is purchase the Mage’s Message Stone for free from the Crown Store. Once you use the stone you will receive an urgent message from Vanus, of the Mages Guild. Completing the quest will earn you the Wyrd Elemental Plume memento. If you don’t own the base game but still want to try out the prologue event before buying the expansion, ESO is currently free to play on both PC and Console for a limited time. Pre-Purchasing the new expansion will include the full base game, the Nightmare Senche Mount, a bonus copy of Morrowind and the Queen’s Bounty Pack.
Discover more about the Summerset chapter on the ESO updates page. Are you excited to explore the vast new expansion on the Summerset Isle? What parts of the new content are you most looking forward to?