GameMill Entertainment announced today that they are collaborating with Nickelodeon to develop Nickelodeon Kart Racers for consoles. The news comes from an official press release from the company. This new racing game is a multiplayer kart racer in the style of Mario Kart or Sonic All-Stars Racing. It will contain licensed characters from everybody’s favourite Nickelodeon TV shows. This includes characters from Spongebob Squarepants, Hey Arnold!, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Rugrats. The developers also state there will be 24 themed tracks and customisation options for karts. While GameMill Entertainment, developers of the notorious Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, aren’t proven developers, the prospect of multiple licensed Nickelodeon characters in one game is enough to draw some attention.
Here is an overview of the game, via GameMill Entertainment:
A new multi-player console racing game, Nickelodeon Kart Racers! Select a racer from one of your favorite Nickelodeon series, including SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy from SpongeBob SquarePants, Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, and Donatello from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Arnold and Helga from Hey Arnold!, and Angelica, Tommy, and Reptar from Rugrats. Race your friends in up to four-player local multiplayer or check out the Battle Arena for a variety of challenges.
- Choose a racer from 12 of the most iconic Nickelodeon series: SpongeBob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Hey Arnold!, Rugrats, and more!
- Race on 24 different Slimed-filled tracks including Bikini Bottom, NYC sewers, Tommy Pickle’s house, Arnold’s school, and more!
- Awesome co-op and local multiplayer for non-stop action the entire family will love!
- Customizable karts with multiple power-ups and special attacks!
- Team-based co-op multiplayer, players can perform devastating fused attack for tons of fun!
- Slime overload will have you turning you karts into jet-ski racers!
Mark Meadows, Partner of GameMill Entertainment said “we are thrilled to be partnering with Nickelodeon to bring all of these amazing characters into one fun, competitive video game for fans of all ages to enjoy. Nickelodeon has created characters and stories that are loved around the world and we specialise in transforming treasured characters and stories into playable entertainment for the die-hard fans and casual gamers alike.”
Nintendo Life is reporting that Nickelodeon Kart Racers will be available for Switch, PS4 and Xbox One on 23rd October, 2018.